Home made Jam? Like from scratch? I’m not the Pioneer Woman, but if you’ve got something cool to teach me and I’m always willing to learn!
What I learned from making Jam, is that although it IS easier to buy it at the store, when you make it at home, you get the satisfaction of accomplishment (and a sticky, dirty kitchen), and the memory of making it, and you determine what goes in there! No chemicals, etc.
1) Buy your fruit. Clean it. (Unless you like the chemical thing – in which case, return fruit immediately and buy jam at store)
2) Clean Jars.
3) Smash 2 lbs of any one Fruit (almost liquid) (get a good squasher or a strong man to do it!)
4) Boil crushed fruit for 10-15 mins. Add 4 cups sugar and 1/4 cup lemon juice. Add pectin
5) Boil caps so they sterilize.
6) Fill jars with Jam. Cover. Wait. They pop when they seal!
That’s it! If you make enough you can give it away as gifts to friends and family! Or screw everyone and keep it to yourself! That IS alot of Jam though.