Should we get a dog? Yes? No? Is it right for me and my family?
When answering the question, “Do we make a baby or have one of these…” Ask the bigger question: “If I go away for a week and lock them both in the garage….when I come home, who will be happier to see me?”
Truth is…if you want to want to get a dog take note of the following: If I get a dog:
1) I will never be able to leave home like on a trip without dog care.
2) Forever I will have to find someone to take care of dog while gone.
3) Providing food and drink for just myself will no longer be an option as I have another dog body to provide for.
4) Poop will have a whole new meaning for me.
5) Walks will and play-time so new dog doesn’t eat furniture and small children will not be options.
6) Expensive vet visits for flea meds, other meds, any meds, check ups and possibly removing a pair of thong underwear from your dog’s instestine may be in your future.
7) Your heart will be stolen.
If you can handle the above – go for it.
Other articles related
Who Needs a Doll When You Can dress a Dog
10 Reasons Not To Get A Dog – Written 3 years ago – before I became Dog Mom
Love & A Dog – Truly a gift from God – Written 3 years ago – the day I became Dog Mom