Okay…this is the best beef chili I’ve EVER had. Wanda (yes, really, her mother named her Wanda. And it’s not short for Wandaleen or Wandashellski) is a woman that loves to give her talents to others. Meaning she gets such pleasure to give to others. So this recipe comes with love!
She served this at a couple parties and to be honest, I think I went to a party just because I knew she was goign to be serving this amazing chili. So make sure you pin this somewhere.
- 2 onions, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 3/4 lb beef sirloin, cubed
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 can dark beer
- 1 cup strong coffee
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 1 can beef broth
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 1/2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans
- 4 chili peppers, chopped
- Heat oil.
- Cook onions, garlic and meat until brown.
- Add tomatoes, beer, coffee, tomato paste and beef broth.
- Add spices Stir in 2 cans of kidney beans and peppers.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 1 1/2 hours.
- Add 2 remaining cans of kidney beans and simmer for another 30 minutes.
DONE!! Can you say HAPPY PEOPLE??? (yes that is a link to an article on how to be happy!)
Below are several links to things I love. (This site is everything I love and have learned!)
The first is a link to make Jam. Homemade jam. Yes, that is an option in the world. I had no idea. I thought jam came from cans. (Lordy!) After that is a snake cake that tells you cakes don’t have to be just a square or a rectangle. Have fun and play. The third link is a yummy recipe for my friend Karen’s Blue Martini. Such a fun festive drink. Total game changer for your guests to be holding blue martini.
Enjoy my friends!!