The best beef chili I’ve EVER had. Wanda (yes, really, her mother named her Wanda. It’s not short for Wandaleen or Wandashellski) is a giver!! She served this at many a parties and it’s always met with people standing at the oversize Mother pot of chili speaking praise between mouthfuls.
- 2 onions, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 3/4 lb beef sirloin, cubed
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 can dark beer
- 1 cup strong coffee
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 1 can beef broth
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 1/2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans
- 4 chili peppers, chopped
- Heat oil.
- Cook onions, garlic and meat until brown.
- Add tomatoes, beer, coffee, tomato paste and beef broth.
- Add spices Stir in 2 cans of kidney beans and peppers.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 1 1/2 hours.
- Add 2 remaining cans of kidney beans and simmer for another 30 minutes.
DONE!! Can you say HAPPY PEOPLE???
Let me hear you!??