Baby Shower Gifts are always a stumper! Do I get something for Mom? Or for her kid? Do I give Money? Clothes? Books??? Who buys books??? NO ONE!! BUY BOOKS!!!
If you want your gif to last a lifetime, or even longer, buy a book or several books!! They may not appreciate them today, but I PROMISE you…buy the books, write a note inside the front cover to Mom and the unborn baby or baby or kid alive now, and it will be there forever.
I have a bunch of my favorite kids books still at my moms house that have notes from dead aunts inside them!! Written years ago and they are so special!!
Don’t buy clothes that are under 6 months. They are a waste. No one ever uses them because if it’s a new mom, chances are she’s so busy taking care of this new thing in her life, if the baby doesn’t come out weight 20 lbs already, she won’t have the time or energy to use the clothes you spent money on and they will end up in the good will pile. Just saying…
1) What they will use are Onesies. And if you buy a bunch, the new mom will love you for being so practical and helpful. Click Gerber to get the Gerber Unisex Baby 15 piece Grow With Me Onesies.
GAMES for BabyShower:
2) Adovely 10 Pack White Baby Bandana Drool Bibs. They are made of cotton and are great for keeping baby dry and clean. Best part if you want to have an activity at the baby shower, this is it!
3) Don’t miss the opportunity to decorate these bibs!! And get the markers to go with the Bibs let let Mom create them at home or guests can write memories or fun comments on the bibs at the Baby Shower! All will help Mom remember them and remember the moment! To add/get quality Fabric Markers click here.
STUFF: Going out to eat is great but when they are a baby you want to protect them from gross germs restaurants have that you can’t see!
4) Disposable Table Placemats are a great gift, most new moms don’t know they need. So you are giving a great gift they will need and a fun gift (if you get the disney ones) that they will love! Click here to get the Disney Table Covers.
5) Will this new mom be the type that Keeps track of baby’s size? Get the Double Sided Monthly Baby Milestone Blanket! Great for keeping photos/memories consistent! Best part? The blanket is double sided – meaning one side has the months and the back side has the “milestones” (rolling over, first laugh, first step). Very cool! Click here to get the blanket.
6) Mom needs a caddy to carry baby stuff from the bedroom to her bedroom to the tv room to the kitchen. How to change an impromptu poo diaper? Have the caddy ready for mom to go! Give her this Felt Nursery Diaper Basket,Portable Car Travel Caddie Organizer/Diaper Stackers Storage Bag and fill it with fun stuff!! Like a box of cookies, gum or a box of candy she loves! Or even flowers? You can get some fake pretty ones at Michaels. Dress it up!
7) And the car? She needs an organizer there too! For all the little things baby will need and want while she’s out and about. Get a Backseat Car Organizer for Kids- #1 Kids Toy Storage I found for Moms! It’s all about kids being happy & quiet to get from point A to point B.
Everyone forgets books! Here are some Classic, treasured, books that make great gifts because they LAST forever. As I said above, I have books at my parents home that I read as a kid that I now read to my kids! Specially the ones that have meaning or make someone laugh or cry. Those are the books that will be saved! And if you the gift giver writes a hand written note inside the book title cover to the new baby – that will be there forever too!
8) Love You Forever: THE BEST BOOK EVER! This book made me cry each and every time I read it. It’s a book about reality and life and love. Mom’s love for a child never ends, not matter what the age of her forever baby. Get this book. For yourself at home when you have a bad day! This book is also available in softcover! But the hardcover makes it more of a gift and a lasting one!
9) The Little Pea.: A book about a pea and his family. Adorable and funny and real. Click here to buy or read about this amazing book by Amy Krause Rosenthal (a cool funny writer!).
10) The Digging-Est Dog. Funny. Crazy. Cool. As an adult – I love to read this book too! Unlike any book but filled excitement around a single dog. Get this book that will be a joy to read for the new baby as he grows!
11) A Fish Out of Water. (I said 10 above, but why not 11? Who’s counting anyway??) In this book a fish grows because a boy doesn’t listen to the warning from the fish store owner where he got the fish. Lesson and excitement reading. Buy this book to as another awesome book Mom won’t flinch when she has to read it for the 100th time!